The picture is random, but it’s currently what I’m doing. Relaxing with a Starbucks Cinnamon Almond Milk Macchiato. How basic of me, but despite it being a caffeinated beverage, it helps me slow down and enjoy.
With that said, let’s move on…
The month of September sucked for me. It was terrible and nothing seemed to be going the right way. I complained about the month frequently, to the point where I was annoyingly sorry for myself all the time. There were a lot of downs in school, within friend groups and even with family. So, I decided in the beginning of this month to make a list of goals to think about and try to achieve. This post is basically my list (with the exclusion of a few personal ones), and an update on what I’ve done so far.
1. Go on more walks. In the beginning of the school year and during the summer, I went on daily walks, as it was something I did to maintain my health. As the month of September went on, and as I got more miserable, I didn’t do it as much. Recently, though, I’ve gotten back into the habit of going on not-so-daily daily walks. My roommate and I try to go on walks on the trail around campus every Sunday as a little form of bonding. This afternoon, while I’m writing this, I actually plan on going on a walk with some friends after my last class of the day. Going on walks, either with friends or by myself, is a great stress reliever for me.
2. Lose 10 pounds by the end of the month. So far, I’ve lost five pounds, which I believe is a pretty damn good job so far! I haven’t been going to the gym as frequently as I’ve wanted to, but I always get a good night’s rest and I’ve only been eating when my body tells me that it’s hungry. Binge eating is something that I’ve had a problem with in the past, as well as not eating enough. So far, I believe I’ve maintained a healthy balance.
3. Blog more! I did not blog at all in the month of September, as I was procrastinating and pushing it off until October. Luckily, though, now it’s up and running and I’ve been posting frequently. Thank you for reading!
4. Get better grades! I did pretty well for myself when midterm grades came around. There were only two out of the six classes that I am taking that I believe I need to do better in. One of them is marketing, with the only thing keeping me down is my class participation grade, which is an F…whoops! I’ve been trying to speak up at least once per class, so hopefully I’ll have a higher grade by the end of the semester. The other class being management, which I just personally hate. It’s no offense to the professor or the grad student that helps teach the class, I’m just not doing too hot one the quizzes. I need to study more!
5. Plan my Thanksgiving vacation. Similar to how two of my friends came to my place for October break, I’m having one of my best friends come for Thanksgiving break, which I am super excited for! I want to plan out different things we can do together so I’m not scrambling for ideas when the time comes. I would also like to spend a bit more time with family over this break, unlike I did during the last break. Perhaps catch an episode or two of GoT with my mom before I head back off to college. I also have to plan out the things that I want to bring back home to drop off, and the things that I want to pick up from home to bring back to college with me. So far I’ve planned nothing…I need to get on that!
6. Write more! I know I write a lot for this blog (which is currently being graded), but I want to write a bit more creatively and perhaps start a personal journal. I used to journal every day and wrote creatively frequently. At the start of summer, journaling and creative writing ceased. This month, I want to get back into it. So far I haven’t started writing creatively this month, but I hope to do so by the end of it!
So those are my goals for the month of October! What do you want to achieve by the end of the month?